- Each year, 7 million tonnes of food and drink are wasted in the UK by people at the consumer level. 4.2 million tonnes of this was deemed avoidable!
- Between April 2015 and April 2016, 1,109,309 three-day emergency food supplies were given out by Trussell Trust foodbanks.
- Help local foodbanks and charities provide food for those who need it.
- Reduce the amount of food wasted by the university.
- Help University affiliated places form relationships with (and donate excess food to) their local foodbanks and charities.
- College food boxes for sharing and donation of non-perishable food.
- Scheme in development for sharing of perishable food among students.
- Use of large student support base to encourage University affiliated places to get on board.
In this section you will find our latest news and events. For more articles, please visit the News page.